1. Spread the Word: Send an e-mail to your entire list of contacts, letting them know about your new business and offer a referral discount. (We use MailChimp.)
2. Be Social: Create a presence in popular social networks for your new company and invite your personal and professional contacts to connect with you there. (We’re on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest)
3. Go to Print: Develop printed collateral such as business cards, postcards, and fliers to promote your company. (Have you checked out TinyPrints?)
4. Network, Network, Network: Attend business networking events to distribute marketing materials and talk about your business with prospective customers who could also refer customers to you. (And don’t forget about getting a free account on LinkedIn!)
6. Get Published: Submit prewritten articles or blog posts with great tips and information based on your expertise. Try a trade or chamber newsletter or a blog that reaches your target market, or even your local newspaper. (Also publish online on sites like Squidoo and Gather.)
7. Youtube It! Create a fun, short video to demo your product or promote your services and upload it to YouTube. You can capture screenshots and your voice, easily making a screencast on Screenr.com or add audio to a slideshow on Slideshare.net or even use cute cartoon characters to “read” your script at Xtranormal.com.
What cool ways are you marketing your company?
excerpted from the book Mom, Incorporated…